Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Home, again.

Since I’ve been here for two three weeks, I think its safe to tell you that I’m no longer in Texas, but rather have crossed a few state lines to make it up to Michigan. Besides it being part of my usual summer migration (it was WAY hot in Texas), this year’s trip had a special meaning – that of the celebration of my parent’s 50th Wedding Anniversary! Yep, even with kids like me they managed to stick it out for 50 years together! And let me tell you, there’s nothing more special than to spend an afternoon with over 200 people telling you how much your parents mean to them! What a great day, despite a bit of a weather issue early on. Here they are with their grandchildren!


So, I’m currently parked here in “The Thumb” (look at a map of Michigan if you don’t know what I’m saying) and enjoying family and friends.


So far, besides the big Five-Oh celebration, I’ve gotten to tour an Alpaca farm with my niece Whitney and attended the 10th Annual Cheeseburger in Paradise Festival in Caseville, MI.


For those of you not familiar with small town festivals, lets just say that the town of 863 swells to as many as 15,000 for 10 days of fun, silliness and more Jimmy Buffet bands than you ever thought existed!


Yes, that is a margarita glass they are about to fall out of.





I’m enjoying temps in the 70s and 80s, spending time with family and friends and a few side trips while I’m here in the mid-west. Watch here for an entry or two and be sure to contact me if you are anywhere close by.

Lon

Life is good, so is home cooking!

No comments: