Tuesday, June 5, 2007

WOW!

As they say, watch what you wish for.

I knew I wanted to travel, and ultimately work in or own a campground or some cabins. So I had to decide what to do with the house. I could rent it, sell it, or possibly lock it up and have it as a "winter place", assuming I come back in the winter. Either way, it needed work.



I decided to list it to see if it would sell "As Is". Well, it did. The same day I signed the Seller's Aggreement! I had about 2 weeks till closing and then 6 days after that to get out. Needless to say, the last few weeks have been very hectic and quite stressful. A lot of friends stepped up and helped out. Everything from garage sales, to working on my bike to dinners and dog sitting for me. Come to think of it, I've never had so many friends before. Do you think its because they WANT to help me get out of town? (8-)

Seriously, as stressful as its been, its gone very well. I've kept God in front of me along the way and let him lead. That's how I know selling the house is the right thing to do (and the lady buying the place is perfect for the location and the neighbors I leave behind). While I've had some minor trials, He's set things up pretty well.



So, as of tomorrow, I am "home free" as the title agent put it.

I'm heading to Chicago on the motorcycle for the Blues Fest this weekend. When I return, I'm picking up a Toyhauler, which is a 5th Wheel trailer with a 10' foot garage in the back part. Then, its on the road!



I'll post more, along with pictures, when I return and get parked somewhere and get some time.

In the mean time, here's the house I've spent quite a bit of the past 7 years in.



So, its back on the road, and as in the past,

Life is Good. Send Money.

Lon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wanted to send money but had no forwarding address!!!! Sorry!!!!
Love,
Cheryl