Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Simple Things

Sometimes it’s the simplest things in life that give us the most pleasure.
For instance, I’ve been shopping for a camper/toyhauler since November. I’ve searched the internet, the local papers and numerous RV stores and used lots trying to find just the right model (yes, I’m a bit picky when it comes to spending that much money on the “house” I plan to live in). Well, just before leaving for Chicago for the Blues Fest, I found one! So, on my ride north, every time I passed an RV lot, that I did not have to stop at, I got this big silly grin on my face.

The simple things.

You know, like when the cute little girl working the front desk at the motel asks if you qualify for an AARP discount. You have to figure that if she’s that young, and you look that old, take the discount.

The simple things.

Like the satisfaction you get when you break down on the side of the road on your motorcycle and you’re able to fix it with duct tape and JB Weld.

The simple things.

Or when you actually took your parent’s advice, and it proved right (who would have thought clean underwear was so important?).

But, the simplest thing of all, that gives me so much pleasure as I’m going thru this adventure is knowing that God is taking care of everything! Sure, I have to be cautious and responsible, but I know that He’ll watch out for me, and as long as I listen for His signs (and give him the glory of the successes I’ve been experiencing) I don’t have to worry a single bit about what’s around the next corner.

The simple Thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the simple things too!