Monday, June 2, 2008

Bonfire and Bugs

I made it!
They said it couldn’t be done! And frankly, after 2 previous failed attempts I too was starting to doubt my abilities. But as of April 20, 2008 I made it an entire year’s existence away from corporate America!
And what a better way to celebrate than with the 3rd First Annual West Nile Resort Bonfire and Bugs (mudbugs that is) Party! And what a better place than the newly created Ricker Resort (seems West Nile has some negative connotations?).
As usual, the event that was planned for Saturday began on Friday evening with the pre-party party and a few close friends coming by to help. As you can see, their idea of help basically includes lighting the grill and testing the beverages in the cooler.

The weather was perfect all weekend, and Saturday had folks coming by on bikes, cars and Mutt on the lawn tractor. We had about 35 lbs of crawfish, a couple guitars and of course a bon-fire large enough to signal the aliens. Not that I necessarily believe in aliens, but if they’re out there, I’m sure they were watching some of the evening's antics questioning their theory that there is intelligent life on this planet.


Since I catch grief about not posting pictures of myself, I thought this one was kind of fitting. Its much better than the one of me using the dog’s shock-collar on a gal that was eating more than her share of bugs. Besides, its my blog so I get to post pretty much whatever I want.

Rather than a midnight run to the Rose like in the past, this year we torched a Christmas Tree at midnight (Tubbs foolishly “bet me a dollar” I wouldn’t throw it on the fire. Little did he know that I would have paid HIM a dollar just for the idea!)
Its been a great year. I have to thank my family and friends for their support and strength along the way. The good Lord has brought many blessing on me. Its been so incredible to spend quality time with family and rekindling many friendships. There’s been a new relationship or two along the way, most ending similarly to that with corporate America – if they’ll pay me enough, I’ll go away quietly. Restraining orders work as well.
I’ve found a business opportunity that allows me to travel, have fun, and most importantly help others, so it looks like returning to telecom and the world of cubes is no where in my future. That means, when you least expect it you may find me parking my house in front of your house!
So, till next year’s Bon-fire and Bugs stay tuned.
Life is Good. Burn Something.
Lon
Hopefully this link works, for more pics from the party.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good pictures.
Sucks looking at those after not being able to make the party.

I have got to make the next one.